Friday, October 9, 2009

Letters to America


In place of a mid-term examination, I had my students write letters to America, the American government and President Obama. Thought you might be interested in what they had to say.


Peace be upon you. Before I continue my letter I want introduce myself. My name is Novy, I come from Indonesia. I’m here wanna ask something about culture in America, because maybe someday I will go to America and I will enter to university in America. I think America is a big country and it have many technology and some knowledge which there isn’t in Indonesia and I will study it because I will improve my country to be a good country and I think the condition of my country now is broke. Many crisis, criminal, free sex, drugs and so on. Maybe I will ask to you, how do you America serve a criminal from their country? And what do you think about free sex, lesbian, homosexual? Because maybe most of them get AIDS, and that will of course make a public very afraid. And how to serve AIDS from your country? Because I see in many country now many people get AIDS. May be until here my letter. That’s very nice to meet you and I ask sorry if you found some mistake from me, and the last I say to you.


Handed to all my friends in America,
Hello all my friends! I won’t write this letter if my English teacher, Miss Erin, have not said.
I write this letter to talk of all of American people. And I have some questions after telling who am I. I am an Indonesian student, my old is 16 years old and I am a Moslem (Moslem girl). Maybe we can exchange our mind from this letter.
I know from many medias that your country is a great country. Most of you are educated people, you are modern in technology and so on. Friends, my country is a big country. We have many beautiful destination place to visit. But, after all, until nowadays my country still being country with most of people still live in moneyless, and also not educated. We ask your solution, how can we be a great country like you are?
Thanks,
Farisa


To all my friends at America Country:
Hello all. How are you? I hope you fine. I’m here always fine. How your examination? How much did you get your points and what class are you now? Do you want to Indonesia country? If me, I’m so very very want to go to America country. I so miss you friend. Do you miss me? Now I sit at 1st class of high school. I’m get the beautiful point. If we meet tomorrow I will bring you to Borobudur temple, parangtritis beach and we will take walk. But I hope it not just dream. I want to see you but when? I don’t know, but if God Allah want maybe we will meet tomorrow, next week, next month, next years. Important if God Allah want it will be! Oh…yes do you have a boyfriend? I hope you don’t but just friend usual. Because we as young generation we must concentration in our study. Yes maybe until here my letter. Some time I will send letter to you again and I hope we will meet friend. And goodbye.


Here I am Indonesian Moslem. I am 17 years old and I am Javanese. I have some idea in my mind about America. And I not really understand about America’s government. America’s culture, the youth of America, the education of America, etc.
First, I wanna ask to the new president of America. Most of Indonesian or maybe most of people in this world, they support you to be a American President. I don’t know what it caused. But Indonesian, they think you are the good person, the honest person and I really hope it is a truth. I hope you to not make all people sad. Thanks you.
Second, for all the Moslem there, are you feel easy to pray to God anywhere? Do our obligation. And do the best for all, make this world to be calm, there is no war? I really hope to you all to make it. Because America is the superpower country, who has a super power like his name, the super power country. And last peace be on to you.
Third, for all youth in America. How the culture of youth life? I just wanna ask it. Thanks.
And I hope to all, maybe we can to be friends. Our country will cooperate always.
Me. Indonesian youth.


Hi…I’m in Indonesian Moslem. Are there Moslems in USA? I hope it there. I wanna ask to you the youth in USA…why do you like to do making love with your girlfriend or boyfriend? Because all Indonesian say that’s a habit in your country. I’m sorry if my speaking is very impolite. But I’m so angered with this problem. But, I’m sure that not all people in USA do like that. I’m honest that I don’t know about the America culture, custom, government, etc. And what about studying in America? Is teaching in America use the book and write when the teacher teaches? Or use the laptop every going to school? In my mind that’s in America is the modern country. I think at there there is now rite in book and bringing the many books every go to school. Isn’t it? Please tell me about America custom. Because, sometimes I wish for continuing my study in some country in America. But I think that only insane!!! About American government. I’m very interested about new president in America that’s Barack Obama. Isn’t it? Because I think that can make all people in the world interested with him and all people in this world support that he will be a good president and make increasing the development in America country. And I hope that America and Indonesia will make a good relationship, won’t you?


Hallo…How are you? I hope you are fine. I am from student of Al-Mawaddah want ask to you are. Why in America the people not friendly? In Indonesia, all the people is very friendly. So, why you are speak we are terrorist? I always see in the internet or newspaper you are always speak we are (people Moslem) is terrorist. I want all people in this world be peace. I do not want we are fighting. And I ask one a question again. How to be a super power country? Coz I am very like with your country. Please, give a solution for this. Maybe only this letter I ask sorry if you found some mistake from my write. And the last I say…Peace be on to you.


Hai…Hello Americans…How are you all over there??? I hope you are fine and enjoy with your new president. Here I am a student of Al-Mawaddah boarding school. I sit at fifth grade (senior high school). I want ask some question to Americans. 1. Why you are didn’t like Moslem? Maybe it’s not all of you but I think many people is like that. I hope we can make a good relation. And make sure this world in peace. You are is the super power country. You have influence for this world. So, to Mr. Barack Obama! I hope you can make united for this world. Less the fight and make new relation. I have question. Why America want control this world? Sorry, maybe this letter not be nice letter.


To American (especially to youth people). He…how are you American? What are you doing? I hope you in the fine day! Here, I am Indonesian. I student at boarding school of girl and I Moslem! Are you know about Moslem? Moslem is religion I believe that you know. Cause I know that in American there are many Moslems there. Is it right? And I hope we are Moslems can be friend with you other religion. And I hope we don’t think about our differences in our religion. We can be friend and not be enemy or more! I hope between our religion can peace! I want cry if I see our religion fighting its too much! We are as young generation we must can make us be friend okay! We must show that differences is nothing if differences cannot make us be enemy! I know that our religion never teach us to fight with other religion. I believe it. Lets be friend. Lets be family! Won’t you? I Indonesian I hope between our country can be example to other that we can make our cooperation is fine. And I want ask help to you all we need many science and experience. We hope you can divide your science to us and to Barack Obama and the government at America. You are the big country. And I hope you are can make among country with country other be peace! I hope it please! Maybe you can respond my letter.


Dear the people of America…Sometime, I feel bored with many things I see around me. The young generation of Indonesia who don’t care to the condition of their country. I’m really really bored to see it. But suddenly I’ll realize that my country is my life. I’ve to receive the positive and negative sides of our condition. Because no thing is perfect in this world. Is it right? Then, sometime I feel proud to my country because it has the different culture from other countries. It has many languages and many kinds of foods, etc. Unfortunately, the people of Indonesia was careless to the condition of the country. So, we will correct and straighten it. And how is your opinion for solving this problem? I know that America is a big country. And it has big power to do everything in business, works, monetary, style, fashion or leadership. I’m admiring the leadership system of America, because the leader able to manage his members/public well. I suppose enough here my letter and I hope to see America, the real America in the future. Thank you.
The student of Indonesia.


Peace be upon you…
America
- They aren’t afraid with sin. That many free sex still much.
- Someone not keep the peace, and more like the war. Like in Palestine.
- Love peace, Please! We all family.


To: American girl
From: Me “veiled girl”
Sweet great on your happy today! Hello…how are you all? I hope you are all in the fine condition. Be following or by sending this letter. I here just want asking some question for you are all. And I hope this question only be unburden heart between us. My question: “did you think a veiled girl is the terrorist?”


I’m a student at Al-Mawaddah. I want give some opinion about American country. I know that America is big country. Why America country fight with Iraq country? We know that peace is beautiful! I see in television in Iraq country every body has cry and sad. And every place there is fight between soldier America and soldier Iraq.
And I just wanna say to President Obama “Peace is Paradise to Us.”


(And finally my favorite, because sometimes mistakes are brilliant.)

How are you America? From come this letter I want know about America and I want asking about America. So I want to come to America for know about something about the school in America and about the season in America. So anything in America the beautiful contrary. So America is the biggest contrary in the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment